Tuesday, August 19, 2008

First Boat Ride to Hooper Bay!


...What a nice way to spend the afternoon after teaching all day...

Captain Ulric (also the Mayor of Chevak)

Self-shot on the boat ride to Hooper Bay (:

Ryan carrying Emily off the boat to the island (they've been married for "21 months") ... (:

The handmade boat we rode in... students from the welding class made this beauty!

Ryan (Emily's hubby... sub at the moment!), Jeff (middle school math teacher), and Matt (high school science teacher)

My lovely roommate, Chris, Emily, and part of Ryan

One of the many jellyfish on the island in Hooper Bay... what an amazing sight and feeling out in the Bering Sea!

Here is the crew walking through the jellyfish so we could go shoot a few targets.

.... Last night as soon as work let out, Ulric took a few of us out on his boat to Hooper Bay. It was an amazing little trip. It took us about an hour or so to get there and as we hit the waves I felt every piece of fat on my body jiggle and jump! lol... I was asked if I needed bungee cords to assist me... (: The Hooper Bay store was well-stocked and the people we ran into were friendly. On the way back we stopped at an island where I collected many different seashells for my classroom and also shot a gun.... we also nearly ran out of gas on our way home! We did just barely make it back... I can't wait to go again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for keeping up with me! (;