Saturday, October 22, 2011

Quyana, Calista Corporation!



I received a FB message from a family member last month, informing me that my students and I were featured in the professional First Alaskans magazine! The Murkowski staff sent in our picture from her visit here last spring when my students yuraqed for the Senator. It was a very neat surprise. After I showed my students, I knew I just HAD to get them each a copy. I sent an email to First Alaskans magazine, and before I knew it-- I received an email from Calista Corporation letting me know that they would be donating enough copies for each of my students and then some! What a blessing-- QUYANA, CALISTA CORPORATION! Before we knew it, Murkowski's office sent each of my kiddos a signed copy of the special photo. This reminds me of a quote that I have really embraced in the past couple of years: "You never know unless you ask." Truly, we are thankful for the generous donation. It is so good to know that people are willing to support and make a difference in the life of my Chevak kiddos. Just look at all those smiles! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for keeping up with me! (;