Sunday, October 24, 2010

Wrestling Has Begun

It was a beautiful day here in VAK. The weather was warm, no wind, the sun was out, and the bit of snow we have was reflecting the sun. It was an earlier Saturday for me than others... I woke up to three alarm clocks... my reg clock, iPad, and phone. Typically, this lady likes to sleep in on Saturdays, but our wrestling season has begun and we had a meet last night and this morning. When I was in high school I was a wrestling manager for a few years, taking care of stats and that kind of stuff. They were fun times. I don't think I started to understand wrestling until my last year, and I find myself getting it more and more even though it is a sport I never would have otherwise been interested in. Anyway, I was pretty excited when I moved to VAK and learned that wrestling is one of their main sports. Teachers tend to wear a few hats in villages and resources can be limited so it is nice to be able to help out and score when we have meets. I actually really enjoy it.

After scoring some matches I worked the open library for a few hours. Students are able to come in and read for a bit and then get on the computers. Overall, it went pretty well. I thought I'd get some work done, but I kept pretty busy just making sure things went smoothly. It's always nice to get time out of the classroom to get to know the kiddos more.

As I left the school I was so glad I had started my day early because otherwise I might have missed out on the beautiful weather. I sat on my porch (which has a lake view) and watched a handful of kids ice skating, pulling each other on a sled, and playing kick the can. I just sat there thinking about how nice it was to see them outside getting fresh air and making use of the things around them. It really made me wish I had ice skates though... I wanted to join them! Clear skies, sounds of kiddos playing together, and the sunshine beaming down. Truly beautiful.

I have finally taken some time to clean house and I got another paper done for my grad class... half-way through the semester! Though I love taking classes and only have a few left to go, I dream about a time when I won't be writing papers on the weekends ;) I have yet to take a break from school, and though I say I will when I am done with my master's.... we shall see. I can't really even fathom a life without my messenger bag full of syllabi, books, and work! It sounds kinda dreamy! lol

The first round of PT conferences will be this week, along with fall festivities (aka Halloween celebrations). I have a Creme Brulee candle burning and decorations up... hoping to decorate sugar cookies with my kiddos this week sometime. November will be here before we know it, then December and it's off to the Big Apple for some fun family time.

All is well in my world. Thanks for keeping up with me ;)

Misty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for keeping up with me! (;