Tuesday, October 5, 2010

"Wherever you go, go with all your heart." ~Confucius

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~Buddha

Quite often I use this blog to document new experiences that I have in life... mostly relating to my work, school, or travels. Tonight, I am compelled to write from my heart about my heart. Without the heart, I most certainly cannot experience all of the others...

I have been on this incredible journey of life. Making new friendships, breaking off old ones, "dating", seeing more of the world, understanding people's stories... all of this helps me to understand my own journey. There are always ups and downs and, as my profile states, I like to capture as much beauty as I can for this life is too short not to recognize the good.

But, sometimes we have hiccups. Recently I had a hiccup. Almost like a mini-earthquake. Not quite as huge as others I have had in the past, but this one tugged at my heart. I won't share all of the details, but I will share as much as my heart will allow.

The last three years have been a time of healing, restoration, growth, and discovery. They have been filled with so many wonderful memories, and a number that I'd just as soon forget. I have been very hesitant to put my heart on the line after some big heartache in the past. Mostly, I have been making the most of this time to, for lack of better terms, surrender. I am kind of catching up with myself and figuring out what my end goal is. My purpose, my destiny, my value, and worth. It's been quite a ride thus far.

Well, not too long ago, I put my heart on the line. Something I don't do very easily. I am strong, stubborn, independent, and, at times, I can be a tough cookie to crack. If you know me well, you know there are reasons for this. Well, I got hurt when I decided to "risk it" in recent events. It was hard. I had knots in my stomach, a lump in my throat, and too many thoughts in my head. Let me tell ya, it didn't feel the greatest... (Hallelujah for girlfriends!).

But, I do believe things happen for a reason. And I am truly thankful for that. The more experiences I have in life, the easier it is to "see the forest through the trees." Thank God for that. Trials and temptations grow you. They make you and break you. They stretch you. Sometimes, it hurts. But, it's good. I know myself more. I know where my heart lies. It is within and no matter the hurt or ache I might experience, it is still within. Nobody can take that away (well, okay, maybe a surgeon lol). I have a choice to let it harden, but thank God that instead I feel more enlightened. So, I will move forward with this Timothy Childers quote in mind, "To hide the key to your heart is to risk forgetting where you placed it." I refuse to hide the key.

Keep warm,
Misty

"Don't be reckless with other people's hearts, don't put up with those who are reckless with yours." ~Mary Schmich




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for keeping up with me! (;