Sunday, April 17, 2011

Phi Kappa Phi

Am I speaking Greek? Sure am! I just found out that I will be getting inducted into The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi, the nation's oldest, largest and most selective all-discipline honor society! Standards for this election are fairly high. Membership is by invitation only to the University of Alaska Fairbanks' top 7.5% of second semester juniors and the top 10% of seniors and graduate students. After all the hard work I have put into my master's-- with much more to come this upcoming summer and next school year-- I am pretty elated :) Thanks to all of my family, friends, and colleagues who have been so supportive and encouraging... you guys rock!!! Good things are always that much better when surrounded by good friends and family ;) Hard work does indeed pay off! Here in Chevak, we have a Cup'ik value that says, "Never give up on trying to do what you set your mind on." Quyana agayun!

Cheers!
Misty Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for keeping up with me! (;