Monday, March 28, 2011

This Too Shall Pass

Life is full of learning experiences. Every day we are blessed to live and every day we choose to live, we encounter the good, the bad, and the ugly... no matter who we are or where we come from. At any given moment should someone ask me to list the blessings in my life, I could do it without hesitation. I am very thankful for so, so much.

There are also trials, tribulations, and tests that I encounter. Sometimes we find ourselves in situations and wonder how we got into them. Sometimes there are people in our lives and we can't help but wonder how they got there and what purpose they serve. This is something that I have struggled with lately. I do believe people are in our lives for a reason, a season, or a lifetime... but sometimes it is really difficult to understand the valued purpose of some people's placement... we can't always see. But, I still can't help but believe, there is a purpose.

I am a firm believer in investing in relationships. People have so much to offer one another-- different perspectives, advice, knowledge, experiences, love, friendship, etc. I love hearing people's stories... I don't tend to only know people by their name. I want to know where they are from, what makes them who they are today. And, in return, I tend to share my story with others.

I have had quite a journey in my young little life. The thing is sometimes when we share our stories, we risk the fact that the other person won't treat it with care. They don't understand the significance of knowing somebody's story... the responsibility of holding another's heart in their hands. I have a hard time with this. Relationships take a lot of trust, in any dynamic, and when this trust is broken... it can take some time to heal. So, be careful with your story... your heart. It is yours to take care of and yours to value.

Speaking of healing, many of you know I just had a minor surgery performed. Things went well and I am recovering nicely. Mild endometriosis was the diagnosis. Thankful for a doc that is helping me take care of my body, and so very thankful for all the friends and family supporting me along the way. You guys are blessings!

I made it back to VAK and it feels soooo good to be home. There is nothing like sitting in the Bethel airport and hearing, "MISS NELSON!!!" :) Love my kiddos.

Be well and thanks for keeping up with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for keeping up with me! (;