Sunday, April 5, 2009

Ice Fishing and more!

Kendall has a new friend to keep him on his toes... the puppy's name is Comet.
A much needed visit with my little buddies.
My first time ice fishing! So, out here they tie fishing line onto a stick and this is called your "manaq". I was using half of a fish head as bait (no, I didn't put it on the hook myself).
Stewart drilling the holes for manaqing.
We picked a spot by the mountains where some people from Hooper Bay were already set up. Coffee, dried fish, and manaqs. Oh, so as I sat there watching them I couldn't help but crave a piece of their dried fish! THAT is something new in my life (:
Emily and I waiting in line at the gas station on her "snowgo" before we headed out to the mountains for fishing.
One of my rest stops when I go out "riding."
A favorite point while I am out "riding." Absolutely beautiful. 
Our Cache, one of our main stores here in Chevak.
Naqucin and I checking out at the store... YAY for Fridays!
How cute is this?!
One of the beautiful sunsets in Chevak. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for keeping up with me! (;