Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Graduation 2012!

Last night was the big project defense...

I am beyond thankful for my Graduate Advisory Committee and their involvement and willingness to walk with me through my graduate program journey. With their approval, I have been given the green light... on Mother's Day I will be graduating with a 4.0 from the MEd in Cross-Cultural Studies program from the University of Alaska Fairbanks!

Some quotes from my committee members:
"This was not over-romanticized. It is very compelling."
"Your willingness to step out of your comfort zone regarding the use of technology is to be commended. It is quite parallel to your project, actually."
"You have manifested. You have identified challenges and you are passing your learnings along."
"The challenges of living and teaching in rural Alaska were presented in a subtle and sophisticated way. I appreciate the portrayal."
"All rural Alaskan schools need this."

...music to my ears! Thank you my lovely, awesome GAC for your feedback and approval!


Thank you so much to all of my friends, family, and colleagues near and far! Your support, encouragement, and love has lifted me when I needed it most. Yesterday's 20 minute defense turned into an hour long presentation... me?... a talker? :D It was awesome to be able to defend what I have been so passionate about and to wrap up this project, which has really documented my four years in Chevak.

Even better, I was able to celebrate with my honey, while the sun shone down on us. Not much is comparable to having a strong and loving support network. It makes anything and everything a little more tolerable. This girl is BEYOND ecstatic, thankful, and appreciative. Maybe it's about time I take a little break from school...

Cheers! XO!

Misty Dawn

1 comment:

Thanks for keeping up with me! (;